Support for Eating Disorders, PTSD, and Related Illnesses
Depression, Anxiety, Addiction, Trauma, and Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Treatment
- The Meadows
The Meadows exists to heal your unresolved emotional trauma and provide you with the tools to transform your life. Whether you or someone you love is entering treatment for the first time, or a relapse occurs, The Meadows Model is unparalleled in producing successful outcomes for recovery and a proven vanguard for treating trauma and addiction. Jenni is a Senior Fellow with The Meadows.
- Anxiety Depression Association of America
Get help for anxiety, depression, and related disorders. Read Jenni’s story of healing from posttraumatic stress disorder.
- Rape Abuse and Incest National Network (RAINN)
The nations’ largest anti-sexual violence organization.
Eating Disorders Treatment and Trauma Treatment
- The Meadows Ranch, Experts in Treating Women and Girls for Eating Disorders and Trauma
The Meadows Ranch has treated eating disorders for more than 25 years. Recovery from an eating disorder is possible, it’s happening every day at The Meadows Ranch. Based on feedback from patients, families, and professionals, the vast majority of our patients remain committed to a life of health, balance, and purpose. Jenni is a Senior Fellow with The Meadows.
- National Eating Disorders Association (NEDA)
NEDA supports individuals and families affected by eating disorders, and serves as a catalyst for prevention, cures and access to quality care. Jenni is Chair of NEDA’s Ambassadors Council.
- Academy for Eating Disorders (AED)
Professionals committed to research, education, treatment, and prevention
- Andrea’s Voice Foundation
Dedicated to promoting education and understanding toward the prevention, identification, diagnosis and treatment of disordered eating and related issues. Be sure to check out the book Andrea’s Voice by Doris Smeltzer.
- Binge Eating Disorder Association (BEDA)
National organization focusing on the need to prevent, diagnose, and treat binge eating disorder
- Beating Eating Disorders (beat)
Provides helplines, online support and a network of United Kingdom-wide self-help groups to help adults and young people beat their eating disorders
- Butterfly Foundation
Support for Australians experiencing eating disorders
- Eating Disorders Coalition (EDC)
Works to advance the federal recognition of eating disorders as a public health priority
- Eating Disorder Hope
Website dedicated to offering hope, support and encouragement to those suffering from eating disorders and their loved ones
- F.E.A.S.T. (Families Empowered and Supporting Treatment of Eating Disorders) is an organization of and for parents and caregivers to help loved ones recover from eating disorders.
Founded by Constance Rhodes, author of Life Inside the Thin Cage, FINDINGbalance is the world’s first video on demand website for eating and body image issues. Jenni is interviewed in depth on this amazing website.
- Gürze Books
Gürze Books, LLC is a trade book publishing company that has specialized in eating disorders since 1980.
- iaedp (The International Association of Eating Disorders Professionals)
Since 1985, iaedp has been dedicated to excellence in the education, training, and certification of eating disorders treatment professionals.
- MEDA (Multi-Service Eating Disorder Association)
Non-profit organization dedicated to the prevention and treatment of eating disorders and disordered eating
- National Eating Disorder Information Centre (NEDIC)
Canadian non-profit organization established in 1985 to provide information and resources on eating disorders and weight preoccupation
- Ophelia’s Place
Provides support, education and outreach for individuals and families impacted by eating disorders, disordered eating and body image issues
- Recovery Warriors
Founded by Jessica Flint, Recovery Warriors is dedicated to boosting the emotional intelligence and resilience of people struggling with depression, anxiety and eating disorders.
Eating Disorder Help For Males
- National Association of Males with Eating Disorders
NAMED is a nationwide professional association committed to leadership in the field of male eating disorders.
- Adam Lamparello
Author of Ten-Mile Morning: My Journey Through Anorexia Nervosa
- Ron Saxen
Author of The Good Eater: The True Story of One Man’s Struggle with Binge Eating Disorder
- Troy Roness
Advocate, speaker, and author
- Vic Avon
Author of Destroying the Monster: Lessons Learned on the Path to Recovery
Free Eating Disorder Support
- ANAD Support Groups (National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders)
Find (or start) a support group in your area.
- Columbia and Weill Cornell Center for Eating Disorders
Offers treatment at no cost in exchange for participating in research.
- Eating Disorders Anonymous (EDA)
A fellowship of individuals who share their experience, strength, and hope to recover from their eating disorders. Website provides online discussion board, free publications, and information about free support group meetings. Click here to find out about online EDA meetings.
- Eating Disorders Resource Center Support Groups
Support groups and other resources in northern California. Call 408-356-1212.
- National Eating Disorders Association Forums
Forums covering a variety of topics.
- Overeaters Anonymous Phone Support Meetings
Connect over the phone for support.
- Overeaters Anonymous Phone Support Meetings, HOW (Honesty, Openmindedness, Willingness)
Connect over the phone each day of the week for support.
- Phone Bridge Compulsive Eaters Anonymous Meetings
Connect over the phone each day of the week for support.
- Project Heal
Communities of HEALing includes 1-on-1 mentorship, a weekly support group led by peers in active recovery/recovered, and possible engagement in The Body Project.
- Something Fishy Website on Eating Disorders
Dedicated to raising awareness about eating disorders, this great website provides free online support and helpful information for those touched by the illness.
Resources to Help Pay for Eating Disorders Treatment
- NEDA’s Parent Toolkit
For help with health insurance issues, check out Part IV of this downloadable PDF.
- Eating Disorder Referral and Information Center
Includes a list of research studies offering treatment and resources
- Kirsten Haglund Foundation
Provides financial aid for those with eating disorders
- Manna Scholarship Fund
Provides financial support for those in crisis
- Moonshadow’s Spirit
Apply for a financial award for treatment
- Project HEAL
Apply for a treatment scholarship
Other Self-Help Resources
- Rio Retreat Center
Life-changing workshops for healing, discovery, and emotional growth. Jenni is a Senior Fellow with The Meadows.
A website working toward building a nation where confidence rules
- International OCD Foundation
Resources to help those who struggle with obsessive compulsive disorder and related disorders.
- Ellen Britton
Ellen is Jenni’s guitar teacher in Nashville, Tennessee. She actually gives Skype lessons!
- Judy Rodman
Judy not only helped to improve Jenni’s singing in her role as a vocal coach, but she also served as a key Ed support team member.
- Nashville Songwriters Association International (NSAI)
An organization that celebrates and assists songwriters nationwide